Cure skin disease can be said to be easy-easy hard. Why is that? Of course the condition is because not all drugs will always match with each individual. One of the Drugs you can try to use is Hydrocortisone Ointment. The drug itself is now available in many trademarks in various drug stores.
Topical medicine Hydrocortisone ointment does enter the type of drug corticosteroids and also enter the class of drugs with a prescription. This drug is also known to have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and anti-pruritus effects. So it can help overcome the irritation that occurs on the skin, either because of allergies or insect bites.
Hydrocortisone is known to work with the system to reduce itching, inflammation, to redness that occurs in the skin. This corticosteroid ointment will also usually be used in conjunction with the emollient type of moisturizer when dealing with dermatitis and eczema attacks that occur.
But keep in mind also, Hydrocortisone Ointment is not to cure the symptoms of inflammation that occurs on the skin, but only to reduce the condition is not getting worse. What does the information look like? The following is a description of the Hydrocortisone Ointment drug that we can know together.
Hydrocortisone Ointment for Overcoming Skin Irritation:
- Indication of Hydrocortisone Ointment
Hydrocortisone This ointment can be used to suppress inflammatory reactions that occur in the skin, but not in skin infections such as skin allergies or eczema. This topical medication can help reduce the pain and itching of inflammation that occurs in the skin.
- Contra Indications
This topical corticosteroid drug is best not administered to patients suffering from:
- Hypersensitive to hydrocortisone
- Skin diseases caused by virus or tuber cultivation, perioral dermatitis, scabies and tinea.
- Herpes simplex
- Fungal infections
- Vaccinia and varicella
- Drug Composition
Hydrocortisone Salep is known to have a composition of 1% hydrocortisone and 2.5% hydrocortisone.
- Side Effects of Hydrocortisone Ointment
As for some of the side effects that may occur when the use of this topical medication such as:
- Excessive itching.
- Burning heat.
- Skin atrophy.
- Secondary infection.
- Dose of Hydrocortisone Ointment
For dosage and use of Hydrocortisone Ointment will depend on the condition and type of disease experienced. Usually the doctor will determine the use and dosage.
However, in general, the dose of Hydrocortisone ointment is 1 to 2 times on the skin that is inflamed. And the maximum frequency is up to 2 times a day.
- Attention and Warning
There are several things to consider before using this topical medication. Some of them are :
- Not for use by pregnant and lactating women. Even if used, it should be under the supervision of a doctor or medical expert.
- Not for use by children under 10 years old.
- Do not use on infected skin on the open wound.
- Avoid use of the face, anus, until the genital area.
- Try not to use it for more than a week.
- Do not wrap the area of skin that has been smeared Hydrocortisone Ointment.
- If there is a reaction such as an allergy to overdose, then you should see a doctor immediately.